- MANUFACTURED: hand-made by artisans: they must tell a story.
- RAW MATERIALS: linked to the elements of Nature: wood, stone, glass, ceramics, leather, etc.
- WELL AGED CAPACITY: the capacity of aging, and gaining quality from it – beauty in aging.
- QUALITY DESIGN: a distinct design quality and language.
- INTEMPORALITY: eternal and timeless, in their durability, form and structure.
- MADE IN PORTUGAL: made by Portuguese craftsmen and artisans, when possible.
- SILENT LIVING COLORS: a specific set of nude and neutral palette of colors, Silent Living Colors.
- ORGANIC SOURCE: escape from plasticity and machinery perfection, aim for organic forms and natural imperfections.
1. CENTRE PIECES
- One of a kind pieces hand made in NYC on consignment at Santa Clara and other properties
- We would love to come to Santa Clara to document the pieces and stay with you!
2. TEA AND COFFEE CUPS
- Designed and samples made in NYC
- Slipcasting to ensure handmade finish with ability to be re-ordered
- Possible small batch/handmade manufacturing in Portugal
- Design in exchange for stay in portugual
- Production fee for orders of cups
3. RESIDENCY - SCULPTURE | INSTALLATION | PRIMITIVE FIRING TECHNIQUES
- Developing a body of work in response to the time spent in Portugal
- Exploring specific space and nature surrounding, site specific works
- Working with nature/natural materials and firing techniques
- Making sculpture from found materials in the local area
- Found Japanese wood with ceramic base
INSTALLATION IN NATURE
- Example of No. ceramic lanterns integrated with landscape
4. COLLABORATION WITH CEREAL MAGAZINE
- Collaboration for a story in their magazine/online